On 08-Jan-00,* Don Cox*, of Planet Eros, wrote these Wise Words:

> RE: Voyager Printing...

> And there's no PostScript printing at all.

As I said... : )   ...since my machine is PostScript...

> Lots of work to do, but JavaScript is a higher priority, and
> printing will be easier to get right when CSS (which needs support
> for outline fonts) is done. Maybe next year?

Or, maybe the year after... we have to learn to expect the long
term stuff when we are Amigans!  : )

> In the meantime, try saving the HTML and converting it with HTTX (on
> Aminet somewhere). This has an option to preserve bold, italics, etc
> and will print directly.

Well, IF I want to print something off the net, I just use
IBrowse...  it saves naturally in ASCII, and I just flow that
into my PageStream (if I don't like the boring plain output
of PageLiner) and format it a little to look nicer.

Works for me, but I still would like a real printout like
I get from NetScape and/or Explorer.  It galls me that I
have to rely on those programs instead of my Amiga!!!!!!!!

As an aside, both IBrowse and Voyager will download a lot
of stuff from the Net at speeds averaging 4500-6000.  My average
most of the time, according to the Miami Deluxe Control Panel,
comes out at about 4900.  This compares very well to the
iMax's we use at school, which supposedly average between 5500
and 7500, averaging about 6500 if I do a rough estimate.  THIS
is nice to know because the systems are very different.  We have
a Ethernet connection to the provincial server, which is supposed
to be fast. Our machines at school are 300 and 333 mHz PPCs.  I
don't think I can complain about my 25mhz Amiga with a 56k modem.
Voyager and IBrowse both should feel good about what they do.
...just my 2 cents worth.  I think Olli (and the other guy) are
doing very well overall and should be commended.

Yes, I want/need better JavaScript reading, but at least I can find
places to go to now that don't use it in the meantime!!!

Gil

-- 
         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gil Knutson's Pride and Joy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                [EMAIL PROTECTED] - OS3.5 - Sardis, BC, Canada
       A3000/30/2+16 RAM+245 meg Maxtor+1.06 gig Seagate+ZIP Drive
        MFCardIII+GVC 56k Speakerphone+Lexmark 4039 10R w/16meg
 THOR2.6a, MUI3.8, MWB, Voyager3.xbeta  AmIRC 2.0, AmFTP 1.65 (all reg)
         ~~~~~~~~~~~ The Amiga Shall Inherit the Earth ~~~~~~~~~~~~

    COMMENT #8 TO REPEL UNWANTED CONVERSATIONALISTS:
        I puked on the last person who flew next to me.


____________________________________________________________
Voyager Mailing List - Info & Archive: http://www.vapor.com/
For Listserver Help: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "HELP"
To Unsubscribe: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "UNSUBSCRIBE"

Reply via email to