Hello Russell

On 08-Jan-00, Russell Fascenda wrote:
>> Erm, does printing actually work? I have the latest release, though
>> unregistered. Why does it not work? Should it not be working? (etc).
> 
> The website says don't print because it won't work.  But I did anyway.
> 
> It printed alright, in color too, but I've always had a problem with
> Voyager when the end of the page comes, I don't get a clean piece of
> paper.  It keeps transmitting the page.  I suppose I have to tell my
> printer to do the form feed when it runs out of paper?

It will do a graphic print for most people, but only the first sheet,
and at screen resolution instead of printer resolution.

There's not much point in buying a nice color printer with a resolution
of over a thousand dpi, if the program is going to print at 72 dpi.

And there's no PostScript printing at all.

Lots of work to do, but JavaScript is a higher priority, and printing
will be easier to get right when CSS (which needs support for outline
fonts) is done.  Maybe next year?



In the meantime, try saving the HTML and converting it with HTTX (on Aminet
somewhere). This has an option to preserve bold, italics, etc and will
print directly.

Regards
-- 
Don Cox
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

____________________________________________________________
Voyager Mailing List - Info & Archive: http://www.vapor.com/
For Listserver Help: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "HELP"
To Unsubscribe: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "UNSUBSCRIBE"

Reply via email to