Hi Daniel,

Activating PMD also requires having closed-source MLX libraries installed, as
MLX
PMD is just wrapper around them

Fact that it depends on closed source libs prevents us from enabling MLX
devices by default.
So we will need to add configuration knob and that will require some tweaking
of vpp build system, I plan to do that but it is not top thing
on my todo list…

I was also thinking about building native driver for mlx using their libraries
and skip overhead of PMD, that might be interesting project…

Thanks,

Damjan

On 30 Nov 2016, at 20:36, Bernier, Daniel (520165)