On 12/01/2016 05:27 PM, Damjan Marion (damarion) wrote:

Hi Luca,

mlx5 DPDK driver depends on mellanox OFED library which is according to my understanding closed source.
If all that all that was required for the PMD was that it be linked with the libibverb with the Mellanox special sauce. I think Mellanox may have a version of that library in open source. If this is the case, we could probably patch to use this library at least in the RPM case if it doesn't break anything. However, it may be a problem for downstream distros.

How do you deal with such cases?

Thanks,

Damjan