On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 18:21, John Taylor wrote: > > That brings me to something I've been wondering about for a while - on > > AGP macs, is there any requirement to use an Apple-modified card?
> I've heard that you have to flash the ROM (change the firmware) for > some cards, but I would check if you have to do this (and how) with a > G4. Here's one related post: > http://www.baseboard.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5330 > I know it has to be done with non-Apple-modified Voodoo 3 cards. Hmm. If that is actually needed, then it'd be better to bite the bullet and just buy a mac one, despite the steep price. I was _hoping_ the ATi Mac drivers would work fine with their generic cards (as this is true for basically all other hardware, such as network cards and even SCSI controllers if you're not booting off them). I suppose that the VGA BIOS would necessitate at least a firmware re-flash for video cards to work in macs, though. -- Craig Ringer

