On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 15:25, Craig Ringer wrote:
> I am extremely confused as to how you get the idea that I (or anyone
> else on this thread) was at any point suggesting that firmware
> modifications might be required to use non-Apple-supplied hard disks in
> macs. The only firmware tweaks I'm aware of for hard disks are used for
> failure simulation.

You are absolutely correct.

I suspect at 5:35 this morning when I typed it with my gloves on after
waking up to the sound of my wife struggling with the remote control to
the A/C, it must have resonated in my mind, that this was what was being
discussed.

So, apologies all round...

I will close with an observation that in the past I have heard people
exclaim that they needed Macintosh Firmware for their hard-disks, but in
this case that was not at all muted.

Again sorry for any confusion.

Onno Benschop 

Connected via Optus B3 at S27°52'30" - E151°16'25" (Millmerran, QLD)
-- 
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno.. 
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno.. 
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno.. 

Proudly supported by Skipper Trucks, Highway1, Concept AV, Sony Central, Dalcon
ITmaze - ABN: 56 178 057 063 - ph: 04 1219 8888 - onno at itmaze dot com dot au