Hi all, I downloaded the O2M program and successfully exported my
Outlook Mail and Contact information. So far I have successfully
Imported one trial MBOX file to Mail to test the process and it works
fine, except the folder hierarchy needs to be manually reset. A minor
issue but very easy to drag/drop and rename Mail subfolders.

 

One minor issue I noted when Importing Contacts to Address Book. When in
"IMPORT" mode, you are directed to browse to the folder containing the
.vcf files, this is fine, but I was unable to do a bulk selection in the
same way I could in Finder. I could import one contact at a time, but
for 440 contacts, I was not going to do that. I slept on it. I then
opened a Finder window alongside Address Book and selected them in
Finder and dragged them into Address book. Presto - it worked fine.

 

I am pretty happy with the Mail/iCal/Address Book suite having now fully
superseded Entourage.

 

Regards

 

Peter.

 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
Behalf Of Peter Hinchliffe
Sent: Friday, 5 February 2010 8:00 AM
To: WAMUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: Entourage bug

 

 

 

On 04/02/2010, at 12:44 PM, Crisp, Peter wrote:

 

> Thanks Neil, I have so few emails to manage from my Entourage account

> having only used it for the last month from new, I will manage those
in

> a 'sledgehammer' way I suspect. 

> 

> I will probably download the O2M program as recommended by Ronni which

> handles Outlook to Mail and Entourage to Mail as well I think. If O2M

> can't do the Entourage to Mail conversion, I will pull out my hammer
to

> bash them over there. There might be 30 emails at most falling into
this

> category.

> 

> Regards

> 

> Peter...

> 

 

 

I can vouch for O2M. Not only does it just transfer the messages, it
preserves your folder structure as well. I have not had to use this
program very often, but I have had nothing but excellent results each
time (as recently as a week into 2010!).

 

Just     one point: taker careful note of the information you provide
when you pay for the software: if you ever have to download or pay for
it again, you will be asked to repeat that information exactly.

 

--

 

Peter Hinchliffe        Apwin Computer Services

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer

Perth, Western Australia       

Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 064 948

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --

Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>

Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>

Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>

 


*****************************
NOTICE - This message from Hatch is intended only for the use of the individual 
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information which is 
privileged, confidential or proprietary. 
Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as 
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, arrive late or contain 
viruses. By communicating with us via e-mail, you accept such risks.  When 
addressed to our clients, any information, drawings, opinions or advice 
(collectively, "information") contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms 
and conditions expressed in the governing agreements.  Where no such agreement 
exists, the recipient shall neither rely upon nor disclose to others, such 
information without our written consent.  Unless otherwise agreed, we do not 
assume any liability with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the 
information set out in this e-mail.  If you have received this message in 
error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and destroy and delete the 
message from your computer.


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>