I have tried to import my mail boxes and emails from Entourage to Mail.
All the mail boxes are transferred but two thirds of them are empty.
I have tried twice with the same result. Is there  a limit to the number of
emails that can be transferred?
Can the missing emails - hundreds - be transferred manually?
In my Entourage mailboxes I have subfolders. I can't see how to create a
subfolder in Mail. All the contents of the sub-folders get dumped into the
one folder - or so it seems.
Lloyd 



> 
> Hi folks, I have undertaken a few tests with my father Severin and am
> now happy that Mail/iCal/Calendar will give me all I want and at the
> same time solve the back-up issues that Entourage was causing. It seems
> all the info that you have all relayed to me have answered all my
> queries and it is the better technical solution and has no downsides. It
> will of course take a little time to get used to the different 'look' of
> the apps, but this will be minor in the whole scheme of things. The main
> influencing factor for me is how Mail treats each separate incoming
> email in isolation (and hence the backup ramification is far simpler) as
> opposed to a revision to a monolithic database.
> 
> So there!
> 
> Thanks to you all for help in putting me at ease.
> 
> I intend to do the migration over this weekend time permitting and then
> shortly after move all my historical emails/Contacts out of Outlook to
> Mail/Contacts respectively.
> 
> Regards
> 
> Peter...
> 





-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>