On 27/09/2010, at 3:00 PM, Tim Law wrote:

> Problem 2:
> The original system disks are still with the original owner of the Mac Mini. 
> I "might" be able to contact him and find them, but finding him again is not 
> so easy. The alternative, I am assuming, is to go buy a new OSX 10.6 disk. 
> 
> Any other options welcomed!
> 

Unfortunately, this is your only option of you want to reinstall the OS. 
Equally unfortunately, so many people are either unaware or ignore the fact 
that the original installation disks you receive withe a new Mac are as much a 
part of the computer package as the built-in hard drive, and must be included 
with the sale of the computer, even if they are out of date at the time of 
sale. The first thing most people do with these disks is put them in a cupboard 
somewhere and forget where they put them, or even worse, throw them out with 
the packaging!

On the Fortunate side, Snow Leopard is only going to set you back around $40...
 

Peter Hinchliffe        Apwin Computer Services
FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 064 948
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>