Hi WAMUG Members,
I probably don't need to remind people as I've have posted this warning
numerous times, but just in case, I'll post it one last time ;-)
Install OS X Updates correctly:
DON’T FORGET:
1. Backup your system BEFORE installing the Combo Update (or Update).
2. Repair Permissions before and after installing the Combo Update (or Update).
3. Turn OFF Time Machine in System Preferences
4. Unmount & Disconnect any External USB & Firewire Drives / Time Machine
5. Install the Combo Update (or Update)
6. Run Software Update after installing the Updates
7. Repair Permissions
8. Connect your Backup Drive
8. Go to System Preferences > Time Machine and Turn Time Machine ON
Let Time Machine complete a backup.
** Apple warning for installing Updates:
Do not interrupt the installation process once you have started to update your
system.
As I have said numerous times on WAMUG List “Do Not Upgrade if anything is
amiss with your system”.
As is the case with all updates, if there’s anything at all amiss with your
system before the update, the update is likely to expose them.
<http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1349>
Apple’s support downloads page
Cheers,
Ronni
17" MacBook Pro Intel Core i7
2.66GHz / 8GB / 1067 MHz DDR3 / 500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200rpm
OS X 10.6.6 Snow Leopard
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)
On 07/01/2011, at 12:01 AM, Pete Smith wrote:
>
> Thanks Warren.
>
> I'm doing the combo update download now also.
>
> For those interested, the combo update is 1 GB in size!
>
> <http://support.apple.com/downloads/#macosx106>
>
> Regards,
>
> Pete Smith
>
> iMac 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
> 4GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
> 750GB Hdrive OS X 10.6.2
>
> On 06/01/2011, at 22:08 PM, Warren Jones wrote:
>
>>
>> downloading now
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>