Hi Pete,

There are still two (long shot) possible ways that you can revert to the older 
version of the Bento app.

1) When you update any app you will find the old version in the Trash Can. If 
you have not yet emptied the trash you can revert from this copy. 

2) If like some other MUGgers you have more than one portable device — say an 
iPhone and an iPad — and have not yet updated the app on both you can revert to 
the older version from the not yet updated device. 

If either of the above apply, let me know and I will send detailed 
instructions. 

Cheers,
Carlo

Sent from my iPad

On 18/03/2011, at 0:51, Pete Smith <[email protected]> wrote:

> G'day all.
> 
> Bento 4 has been released. AUD$53.64 for download or box from Filemaker. 
> Automatic $25 off if download update version (from 1, 2 or 3) [AUD$30.91 - 
> they must be using American maths!!!]
> 
> <https://store.filemaker.com.au/product/viewfamily/family/BEN>
> 
> Also iPhone app has been updated.
> 
> However, if you, like me, are still using Bento 2 DO NOT DOWNLOAD the app 
> update as it will not sync. Another app update will be coming shortly to 
> allow syncing with 2.
> 
> It also has trouble opening the updated app. I tried four times before it 
> finally opened although it has opened normally since. It may be that it took 
> a long time to sort itself out as it looks different. My libraries now show 
> icons of the media images (eg book covers) at each entry that has an image 
> and I do have a lot of images. There is now three display fields: primary, 
> secondary and media or checkbox. I thought I'd let it go (in opening) for 
> some time but maybe I was more impatient than I thought.
> 
> What really cheesed me off, though, was the fact that the one line warning 
> about not downloading if wanting to sync with Bento 2 is hidden at the bottom 
> of the "What's New" panel on the app on the store. If you just open iTunes 
> and check your app folder and it tells you have a number of updates, there is 
> no warning that I saw about not downloading the Bento update. I eventually 
> had to go to the store, select and open the Bento app and then click the more 
> button to see what they had written. 
> 
> I do intend to get Bento 4 but at a time of my choosing so now I can't sync 
> the most used app on my iPhone.
> 
> Damned inconsiderate of them.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Pete Smith
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>