G'day all.

Bento 4 has been released. AUD$53.64 for download or box from Filemaker.
Automatic $25 off if download update version (from 1, 2 or 3) [AUD$30.91 - they
must be using American maths!!!]

<https://store.filemaker.com.au/product/viewfamily/family/BEN>

Also iPhone app has been updated.

However, if you, like me, are still using Bento 2 DO NOT DOWNLOAD the app
update as it will not sync. Another app update will be coming shortly to allow
syncing with 2.

It also has trouble opening the updated app. I tried four times before it
finally opened although it has opened normally since. It may be that it took a
long time to sort itself out as it looks different. My libraries now show icons
of the media images (eg book covers) at each entry that has an image and I do
have a lot of images. There is now three display fields: primary, secondary and
media or checkbox. I thought I'd let it go (in opening) for some time but maybe
I was more impatient than I thought.

What really cheesed me off, though, was the fact that the one line warning
about not downloading if wanting to sync with Bento 2 is hidden at the bottom
of the "What's New" panel on the app on the store. If you just open iTunes and
check your app folder and it tells you have a number of updates, there is no
warning that I saw about not downloading the Bento update. I eventually had to
go to the store, select and open the Bento app and then click the more button
to see what they had written.

I do intend to get Bento 4 but at a time of my choosing so now I can't sync the
most used app on my iPhone.

Damned inconsiderate of them.

Regards,

Pete Smith