Hi again Pete,

I should have mentioned. That message that you received when syncing implies 
that you either purchased or updated an app directly on your iPhone without a 
corresponding purchase or updated on iTunes. The updated app would have been 
transferred to iTunes. If Bento was correctly deleted on both devices, it was 
likely a different app that you updated. I wouldn't worry, though, as it will 
pester you until everything is back in synchrony. 

And yes, in my experience also, canceling a sync takes way more time than you 
would expect unless you catch it right at the start.

C

Sent from my iPad

On 20/03/2011, at 14:23, Pete Smith <[email protected]> wrote:

> 
> I decided to revert and followed your instructions with no problems except 
> step 3.
> 
> I deleted both apps from iTunes and the iPhone, confirming both deletes. When 
> I started step 3 to sync the iPhone minus Bento, up popped a message box 
> saying that the iPhone had downloaded items that were no longer on iTunes and 
> did I want to bring them across? I can't remember exactly what it said; 
> sorry; but that was the gist of it. As I knew I hadn't downloaded any thing I 
> rejected it.
> 
> I cancelled the sync using the slider on the iPhone, waited what seemed like 
> ages whilst iTunes still indicated it was backing up my iPhone. When it 
> finally said it was safe to disconnect I then dragged the old app from finder 
> into the iTunes Library and re-synced the iPhone.
> 



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>