Yesterday the boot disk of my Mac Pro suddenly began filling up with something 
unknown. Tech tool Pro put up messages saying the disk had only 13% free space 
left, out of 320 GB.   The only thing I could think to do was try to find out 
where the excess was accumulating.  This seemed to be the Application Support 
folder in my Home folder. I moved an assortment of the folders to another disk 
(there are 3 disks), and this moved the added GBs out of the boot disk, so it 
was back to 140 GB free.

Today I did various jobs on the computer and things seemed normal until I tried 
to install Security Update 2011-004. The message came up that this update could 
not be installed on the boot disk because it was not suitable.  

Then I tried to install the OS 10.6.8 update, and it did install.   I tried the 
Security update again, and got the same message. Then Tech Tool Pro started its 
warnings again only this time there was only 4% of free space left and it was 
going down fast. Within a few minutes it was down to 600MB, so I shut it down 
quick.

I am totally at a loss as to what I should do.  To make things even more 
difficult, from Monday I have to be away for ten days.

I hope someone can advise me.

Thanks,

Pat


On 22/06/2011, at 10:11, Ronda Brown <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Alan,
> 
> This is a HTTPS 413 error. 
> "413 - Request Entity Too Large
> The server is refusing to process a request because the request entity is 
> larger than the server is willing or able to process. The server may close 
> the connection to prevent the client from continuing the request. What 
> constitutes 'too large' depends in part by the operation being attempted. 
> For example a request to upload a very large file (via the HTTP PUT method) 
> may encounter a limitation on upload file size set by the Web server.”
> 
> You could try “Empty Cache” in Safari, then restart Safari and try the 
> process again, making sure you don’t have any other pages open at the time 
> you are trying to do the upload.
> 
> Cheers,
> Ronni
> 
> 17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
> 2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD
> 
> OS X 10.6.7 Snow Leopard
> Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)
> 
> 
> On 22/06/2011, at 7:51 AM, Alan Smith wrote:
> 
>> 
>> I receive an error message when submitting a web form:  "Page was not 
>> displayed because the request entity is too large".     Any suggestions as 
>> to where the cause of the problem may be?
>> 
>> I was attempting to complete a 3-step web form for a Myer extended warranty. 
>>   Step two requires details including a proof of purchase attachment of less 
>> than 4MB.   My PDF  scan of the receipt is 586KB.  Process halts when I 
>> press "Step 3 - Confirmation".   After a period of inactivity I receive the 
>> above error message.   Google suggested it is HTTPS 413.
>> 
>> I am using Safari 5.0.5.      I have previously submitted web forms with 
>> larger attachments successfully (to a State Govt department) so it MAY not 
>> be my iMac or ISP.
>> 
>> Regards, Alan
>> 
>> Alan Smith
>>  iMac 21.5" Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz 4M - OSX 10.6.7
>>  iPad2; ATV2
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>