Hi Pat,

In System Preferences > Other - TechTool Protection, check the Directory Backup
Interval.
If you have it set for every 4 hours, & if it is doing this on every drive that
is ever connected to your Mac (backup drives / Time Machine etc)  it can create
a very large folder.

I had similar to what you have explained below happen on a client’s computer
and I checked the TechTool Pro Protection folder and it was over 100GB in size!

The folder containing all the TechTool directory backups is located in the main
Hard Drive > Library > Application Support > TechTool Protection folder.
Drag any that are no longer required to the Trash, you will be asked for your
administrator password.
Empty the trash when you have finished.

Restart you Mac.

Cheers,