Hi Ronni

My installation didn't go like that. After I clicked on the Install icon
located on the desktop (I moved it there after download) the installation took
about 40 minutes. Then there was another wait for about 20 minutes then I was
presented with the line of log in options so I logged on to my account.  There
was no second Mac restart and no setup assistant just straight to login so no
questions about storage etc

I didn't go to iCloud Drive/Options

Carolyn's desktop files are still there and her Documents folder is very full
of folders with files so hopefully intact. There is no iCloud Drive icon in her
Favourites

Is it an option to do the Installation again?

I have to go out in 20 minutes until late on child minding duties but I could
shut the Mac down before I go. I've left the iCloud Drive box unticked and the
3 choices hanging

Thanks for your help

Cheers Allen