Switching to NBN -
Here in Busselton, after 24 years with Westnet, with the disconnection of the
analogue phone service imminent I signed up with Telstra for an NBN internet
service.
This consolidated all our fixed and mobile phones and now our internet with one
provider.
(I did start with Westnet, but they were unable to give any coherent service
offerings or timings and I moved on.)
The deal with Telstra was done in Dec 2017 and the change over date scheduled
for 19 Feb 2018.
The modem arrived in early-January and I immediately replaced my existing ADSL
modem with the new VDSL modem, configured it for my existing Westnet account,
and continued as usual.
On the 19 Feb, as promised, NBN Co opened the node (big box on the curb) around
the corner and switched switched us over.
Only later that day when I thought to check the speed did I realised that we
were now on the Telstra service using the NBN and getting 15 times the previous
download speed.
In a word - seamless!
It’s been working flawlessly ever since.
That’s the country life for you.

ymmv.

Regards

Robin