Okay then - I'll start fiddling with the files. Whenever you guys manage to convert the source code to handle dynamic textures sizes, I'll get to fine-tune them if necessary.

PS - I'm omitting the terrain tiles for starters - mostly because of the complexity - as I'm afraid these require more work than I have time for. I have experience with working with existing textures, but not so much creating (or re-creating) new textures from scratch. I can do some filter magic, but while hand-painting structure textures is relatively simple, hand-painting seamless textures can be a nightmare (for me at least).

Question for whoever is working on graphics code: have you considered implementing detail texturing (I could create the detail textures) for the terrain? That would do away with the need to redo the surface tiles (some propping up would still be nice, though).

Are there any plans for additional (new) vegetation (grass, bushes, etc)? Will water be redone or left as it is?

And this is a key question: what about increasing the number of animation frames for smoke puffs and explosions? These are currently part of the existing textures, but placing them in separate textures with additional frames wouldn't be to difficult for anyone (coders or artists).

Furthermore, is there a "model viewer" of some sort for the objects in WZ that could be used to test the textures directly without having to run the game? If there is, a link or equivalent would be nice.

RJ