Dennis Schridde schreef:
> Am Freitag, 13. Juni 2008 16:18:12 schrieb Christian Ohm:
>> On Friday, 13 June 2008 at 13:37, Dennis Schridde wrote:
>>> Last time I tried to create (kdenlive and avidemux, iirc) a MKV video, it
>>> would have ugly video/sound asyncs in mplayer and not play at all in
>>> xine. Found no way to fix that.
>> Hm, all I've ever done was remuxing different containers into mkv via
>> mkvmerge, and the result always played without problems in mplayer.
>> Anyway, the container is the least of the problems, and ogg will be
>> enough for a game.
>>
>> But I had a different thought: Are there localized versions of the fmvs?
>> If so, are they also copyrighted by Eidos, or by some other company
>> (i.e. could we use the audio streams of the different localizations)?
> There are. Dont know who owns them though.
> Since the readme talks pretty blank about "videos" we could use them in any
> language from my point of view. Though if it was not Eidos owning them, that
> would be a problem. (I somehow doubt it, though.)

AFAIK copyright law doesn't concern itself with the language or medium
of expression that is used. It is only concerned with the originality of
the work being expressed. Thus, if it would just be a plain translation
then I am quite sure it wouldn't make a difference, regardless of the
precise wording of the latest license statement.

--
Giel