On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 9:13 PM, Nagendra K <pingnagen...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Dean,

Thanks for the reply.
I actually have a embedded device with opengl es 1.1 and WebKit which is 7 years old, now requirement is to update the WebKit using the same opengles1.1 i.e. no option to update opengles1.1. So as you said we need opengles2 or opengl4 to upgrade WebKit as WebKit has dependencies with opengl for some features. Is this correct?
Do I any other option to do this.

Thanks and Regards,
Nagendra

Hi Nagendra,

You are not going to get WebKit working with OpenGLES 1.1 unless you have an experienced engineer making large modifications to the source code. Instead, you should just turn off OpenGL/OpenGLES support. Just build with -DENABLE_OPENGL=OFF. It is optional, you just lose hardware acceleration. You should hopefully have no trouble with this.

If you have a requirement to use OpenGLES regardless, then you may need to reevaluate the feasibility of your project.

Good luck,

Michael