I am in favor of a top-level Tests directory which would contain the various
*Tests/ directories within it. Any relative directory paths (i.e., <script
src=> in LayoutTests) should work without further changes.

If you post a patch that gets open source bits to work, I'd be willing to spend
[some] time fixing Apple internal business. I can't guarantee it will work, but
I would give it a try. I'm particularly wary of breaking bots that assume the
location of, say, LayoutTests.

However, before we do that, perhaps it would be a useful intermediate step to
follow Michael's OP and move Tools/TestWebKitAPI/ to APITests/. That alone will
reveal a lot of bad assumptions and make later moves easier.

        -Brian