On Sat, Oct 3, 2020 at 9:52 pm, Konstantin Tokarev <annu...@yandex.ru> wrote:
If I understand correctly, there is no way in GitHub UI to see a difference between patches submitted at step 1 and step 3. It's still possible to see old version of patches if you navigate to old commit hash, but that's not for long as they can be garbage
collected by GitHub because they don't belong to git branch anymore.

If we are really seriously concerned about this... it's not a problem with GitLab. At least, I can still view diffs between different revisions of merge requests from two years ago, and the changes seem to be stored forever. At least I still can view diffs from years ago. E.g.:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/epiphany/-/merge_requests/62/diffs?diff_id=27669&start_sha=0c020384b602c9e1f0e8ec9e491d1951e8feadf7

Unfortunately it's sometimes less useful than I might have hoped, because rebases bring in a bunch of totally unrelated changes, e.g.:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/epiphany/-/merge_requests/62/diffs?diff_id=28036&start_sha=043b5fc32f4f9263d393c9de83e1b331000023c5