On 2014-03-07, 4:57 PM, "Joel M. Benisch" wrote:

Interesting issue/discussion.....

On the one hand, WO does not have the potential critical sales mass to warrant
selling it as a supported product.

On the other hand, WO has so much strategic value that Apple can't afford to
release it into the wild ?????

WTF.....

I know some economists who could have a blast discussing that one over a case
of good beer.

Seems totally reasonable to me.  Apple has nothing to gain by making it into a
supported product.  It does not align with their business of selling consumer
devices.  Apple has nothing to gain by releasing it.  Nothing.  Why would a
business spend its resources on some activity of no value to it?

But setting all the theory aside ......
If WO really is such a superior set of tools and libraries (Gentlemen's Club
Membership aside), it would seem that Apple ought to be able to find a way to
use it in the enterprise arena as a tool to support the whole "Apple Is More
Elegant", "Apple Has Taste", "Apple Provides A Lower Total Cost Of Ownership"
story ???

Apple left the Enterprise area some time back.  They identified more profitable
markets to play in.  From what I can see, they have done rather well!

Chuck

We all pat each other on the back regularly about the great applications we've
built years ago that are still humming along and are very inexpensive for our
clients to maintain.  In other words, we don't do "throw away code" !!!  We
rarely have to "do it over" after we've done it once.

I just seem to smell a little profit center here....
Not necessarily in the direct sale price of the WO units that can be sold.
But in the follow on sales of Apple devices that play well with WO.
Microsoft has used their tools to cause unknowing developers to build HTML that
only Windows (Internet Explorer) can interpret.
I'm not suggesting that Apple do the same on the sly the way MS does/did.
But clearly WO could be made to support features of iOS that don't have
comparable counterparts in the competing mobile OSes.

It has baffled me for years that WO has not been treated as the high powered
trojan horse that it could be.

But what do I know?
Joel M. Benisch CPCU, President
973-992-6300 x303
PaperFree Corporation
973-992-6666 FAX
909 Regal Boulevard
j...@paperfree.net<mailto:j...@paperfree.net>
Livingston, NJ 07039-8249           WE CREATE PRODUCTS WE WOULD WANT TO USE!