Hi all,

Am 24.05.2011 04:20, schrieb Marc Paré:
Le 2011-05-23 16:22, Volker Merschmann a écrit :
Hi,

2011/5/23 Florian Effenberger<flo...@documentfoundation.org>:
Marc Paré wrote on 2011-05-14 08.12:

I'm helping out with the upcoming release 3.4 and was wondering if
there
were some rules to observe when taking image/photos/screen grabs for
some of the features in this newest version.

What size and quality should they be taken?

thanks a lot!

Ideally, they should be available in high-quality PNG or JPG files,
with a
size of 1600x or 1900x. Print magazines often ask for usable
screenshot, and
the better the quality, the better it is for printing. Ideally, we
make them
with Linux, as there we have less hassles with licensing of artwork and
window decoration.

Doesn't we have some at the Box-Project? I remember they had that at
PrOOoBox-times.... (CCing Daniela who did that then)

We agreed that time not to use Windows-screenshots because of some
uncertainties in the licenses coming from M$.
We choose as KDE theme which was not very far from the WinXP look.
I can dig my mail-archive if somebody is interested.

Bye

Volker

Thanks for the tip Volker. I searched the mailists and found it on this
thread[1]. I've copied the important details below.

================

a) Take them under Ubuntu Linux, using the Ambiance theme, with *no*
visual effects.

b) Take the *window only* with the window frame - not the whole desktop.

c) 1000px wide by 750px tall - you can use Screen Ruler to accurately
size the window.

e) Anything up to a dozen good shots from each app is what I'm hoping
to accumulate.... in each app, demo the key features: in Writer,
tables, indexes, etc..... I'm sure you see what I mean....

f) The file you use for taking the screenshot should ideally be called
"sample.odt" (or whatever extension)

This is different from Florian's suggestion and it looks like of lesser
quality, so we should adopt Florian's suggestions.

I put the conventions on the wiki page [1] so we don't need to search for this for the next times.

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website#Contribution_and_Support

If you think there will be a better place or even a better text feel free to change it.

--
Grüße
k-j