Good suggestion, and I'll be interested to see what happens once
record_generation is set to software, but I don't think things are that
simple. Sometimes the driver saves to the database every 5 minutes, and
sometimes only every 10 minutes. If the issue was that the archive interval
is wrong, it might not be the right interval, but it would be consistent.

I'm thinking that there may be very long waits between LOOP packets
occasionally, so the weewx engine does not get a chance to see if the
archive interval has passed.

I'm not familiar with the Acurite. What sort of interval should we expected
between LOOP packets?

-tk