So, if it is the RPi then it is either a sofward corruption on the card
caused by the repeated rebooting after the fuse trips....or else some
hardward failure on the board was the cause of the tripping. Its strange
that since reassembling the Envoy, RPi etc there has not been a fuse trip.

One other thought occurs to me...I have a powered USB Hub attached to the
RPi(its a 3B)....maybe I should disconnect the hub and try the Envoy
directly into the RPi......if minicom works that would point to the Hub as
being the culpit....!!??