I've been running weewx on a RPi 3B+ for just over 5 years, but after a
couple of other pi's died for various reasons (SD card being one of them),
I've moved it to a debian install on a VM in a Windows 10 Pro machine (runs
my automation server).  Hardware is a Lenovo ThinkCentre M700 Tiny which I
find perfect for running a couple of small linux VM's on it.  Low power,
tiny, quiet, and versatile, and Lenovo hardware has been good to me over
the years. Machines are cheap to find on ebay/amazon, probably less than a
new Pi by the time you add all the parts.