Joseph Simmons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> So, in conclusion:
>
> * The only differences are that it is not Garard I, in 417 YW, who
> originally commissions the Sceptre, but rather Haldric II, in 25 YW, who
> does so, and that its completion only takes 15 years, not 25.
> * These are both minor plot points in HttT, and can be easily changed.
> * However, they are vital to the plot of SoF, and several UMCs made
> after I wrote SoF use the SoF version of history.
> * They also make more sense anyway, IMHO.
> * I thus see no reason not to make this change.

OK, you've convinced me. I'll support it, and taking SoF mainline.  I
want to maintain a consistent history, but I have no problem with a
bit of retroactive continuity when the resulting storyline makes more
sense.

I say go ahead and hack the HttT storyline text and the history Wiki,
and hereby dub this the Great Retconning (for those of you who
remember the Great Renaming).  I strongly doubt you'll get any
opposition from the other devs.

> The main problems with SE, as I see it, are that it tries to do things
> with WML that don't really work (partly because I wrote it when WML was
> much less powerful than it is now), and that its gameplay is too
> different from the standard Wesnoth gameplay (though what with UtBS
> being official now, that might not be such a big issue).

I don't think it is.  Other devs may differ, but I think differences on
the order of those in UtBS add flavor and variety to BfW.  I think I
would prefer to see an even wider range of variations, factions, and
settings.