    Dan> Out of curiosity, what are the old and new authentication
    Dan> systems?

We used to just do authentication based on a passwd file in the
CVSROOT directory of our cvs repository. To ensure that the projects
only had access to their own repository we had to create a user in the
system for every project.

The new system is a path from the Tigris project. It Uses a MySQL
database to authenticate and adds more advanced authentication/access
control than available in the ordinary CVS distribution. This has made
us able to just have one user for the CVS server and do the access
control from the MySQL database.

Eventually this new system should allow us to make a web interface for
project managers to manage their own CVS users (this is my future plan
:=) )...

/Thor

--
Thor Lange                        mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Computer Science    http://SunSITE.dk/~lange/