[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Thor A. Lange) writes:

>     Dan> Out of curiosity, what are the old and new authentication
>     Dan> systems?
>
> We used to just do authentication based on a passwd file in the
> CVSROOT directory of our cvs repository. To ensure that the projects
> only had access to their own repository we had to create a user in the
> system for every project.
>
> The new system is a path from the Tigris project. It Uses a MySQL
> database to authenticate and adds more advanced authentication/access
> control than available in the ordinary CVS distribution. This has made
> us able to just have one user for the CVS server and do the access
> control from the MySQL database.
>
> Eventually this new system should allow us to make a web interface for
> project managers to manage their own CVS users (this is my future plan
> :=) )...

Cool.  Hey, speaking of webby CVS stuff, do you guys by any chance have
cvsweb installed on sunsite.dk?  I find it very handy for browsing CVS
source.  For example:

    http://www.mhost.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb/nmh/

Dan Harkless            | To help prevent SPAM contamination,
GNU Wget co-maintainer  | please do not mention this email
http://sunsite.dk/wget/ | address in Usenet posts -- thank you.