    Dan> I just repeated the same steps I did before and it works now.
    Dan> Guess it was some kind of transient failure?  *Perhaps* fixed
    Dan> by my checking out WGET_1_5_3 from my "dan" account...??
    >>
    Thor> I am glad to hear that it works all right! We have recently
    Thor> begun to use a new authentication system for CVS so errors like
    Thor> the one you described could have arised from this
    Thor> transition. But if it works all right now it is just fine :-)
    >>
    >> It doesn't.
    >>
    >> As reported yesterday, now that Dan has done an update to WGET_1_5_3,
    >> I cannot update -r WGET_1_6 as user cvs.
    >>
    >> I just tried this again half an hour ago.

    Dan> Eh?  I thought you just said:

    >> Anyway, yesterday evening (CET) I have been able to update with the
    >> very same command.
    >>
    >> Some problems fix themselves? :-)
    >>
    >> Thanks, Dan, for looking into this!

    Dan> in your previous mail.  I just tried it myself and it's still

That was quite few days ago.

    Dan> working fine for me.

I have still used sunsite.auc.dk accidentally until today.

Today I have started over with a cvs login and fresh checkout into
non-existing directory.

After that I still cannot update to WGET_1_6.

I suspect you (cvs user dan) will have to try to update to WGET_1_6,
which will work. THEN I will be able to update to it as well, but not
to WGET_1_5_3 any longer :-)

Here is what I did today:

aichnerad@ZJ75T //d/tmp/wget
$ cvs -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/pack/anoncvs login
(Logging in to [EMAIL PROTECTED])
CVS password:

aichnerad@ZJ75T //d/tmp/wget
$ cd 1.6

aichnerad@ZJ75T //d/tmp/wget/1.6
$ cvs -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/pack/anoncvs checkout wget
cvs server: Updating wget
U wget/AUTHORS
U wget/COPYING
U wget/ChangeLog
U wget/INSTALL
U wget/MACHINES
U wget/MAILING-LIST
U wget/Makefile.cvs
U wget/Makefile.in
U wget/NEWS
U wget/PATCHES
U wget/README
U wget/README.branches
U wget/README.cvs
U wget/TODO
U wget/aclocal.m4
U wget/config.guess
U wget/config.sub
U wget/configure.bat
U wget/configure.in
U wget/install-sh
U wget/mkinstalldirs
U wget/stamp-h.in
cvs server: Updating wget/Branches
cvs server: Updating wget/ChangeLog-branches
U wget/ChangeLog-branches/1.6_branch.ChangeLog
cvs server: Updating wget/doc
U wget/doc/ChangeLog
U wget/doc/Makefile.in
U wget/doc/ansi2knr.1
U wget/doc/sample.wgetrc
U wget/doc/texinfo.tex
U wget/doc/wget.texi
cvs server: Updating wget/doc/ChangeLog-branches
U wget/doc/ChangeLog-branches/1.6_branch.ChangeLog
cvs server: Updating wget/po
U wget/po/Makefile.in.in
U wget/po/POTFILES.in
U wget/po/cs.po
U wget/po/da.po
U wget/po/de.po
U wget/po/el.po
U wget/po/et.po
U wget/po/fr.po
U wget/po/gl.po
U wget/po/hr.po
U wget/po/it.po
U wget/po/ja.po
U wget/po/nl.po
U wget/po/no.po
U wget/po/pl.po
U wget/po/pt_BR.po
U wget/po/ru.po
U wget/po/sk.po
U wget/po/sl.po
U wget/po/sv.po
U wget/po/wget.pot
U wget/po/zh.po
cvs server: Updating wget/src
U wget/src/ChangeLog
U wget/src/Makefile.in
U wget/src/alloca.c
U wget/src/ansi2knr.c
U wget/src/cmpt.c
U wget/src/config.h.in
U wget/src/connect.c
U wget/src/connect.h
U wget/src/fnmatch.c
U wget/src/fnmatch.h
U wget/src/ftp-basic.c
U wget/src/ftp-ls.c
U wget/src/ftp-opie.c
U wget/src/ftp.c
U wget/src/ftp.h
U wget/src/ftpparse.c
U wget/src/ftpparse.h
U wget/src/gen_sslfunc.c
U wget/src/gen_sslfunc.h
U wget/src/getopt.c
U wget/src/getopt.h
U wget/src/hash.c
U wget/src/hash.h
U wget/src/headers.c
U wget/src/headers.h
U wget/src/host.c
U wget/src/host.h
U wget/src/html-parse.c
U wget/src/html-parse.h
U wget/src/html-url.c
U wget/src/http.c
U wget/src/init.c
U wget/src/init.h
U wget/src/log.c
U wget/src/main.c
U wget/src/md5.c
U wget/src/md5.h
U wget/src/mswindows.c
U wget/src/mswindows.h
U wget/src/netrc.c
U wget/src/netrc.h
U wget/src/options.h
U wget/src/rbuf.c
U wget/src/rbuf.h
U wget/src/recur.c
U wget/src/recur.h
U wget/src/retr.c
U wget/src/retr.h
U wget/src/snprintf.c
U wget/src/sysdep.h
U wget/src/url.c
U wget/src/url.h
U wget/src/utils.c
U wget/src/utils.h
U wget/src/version.c
U wget/src/wget.h
cvs server: Updating wget/src/ChangeLog-branches
U wget/src/ChangeLog-branches/1.6_branch.ChangeLog
cvs server: Updating wget/util
U wget/util/Makefile.in
U wget/util/README
U wget/util/download-netscape.html
U wget/util/download.html
U wget/util/rmold.pl
U wget/util/wget.spec
cvs server: Updating wget/windows
U wget/windows/Makefile.doc
U wget/windows/Makefile.in
U wget/windows/Makefile.src
U wget/windows/Makefile.src.bor
U wget/windows/Makefile.top
U wget/windows/Makefile.top.bor
U wget/windows/Makefile.watcom
U wget/windows/README
U wget/windows/config.h.bor
U wget/windows/config.h.ms
U wget/windows/wget.dep

aichnerad@ZJ75T //d/tmp/wget/1.6
$ cd wget

aichnerad@ZJ75T //d/tmp/wget/1.6/wget
$ cvs status ChangeLog
File: ChangeLog         Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:    1.54
   Repository revision: 1.54    /pack/anoncvs/wget/ChangeLog,v
   Sticky Tag:          (none)
   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      (none)

aichnerad@ZJ75T //d/tmp/wget/1.6/wget
$ cvs update -r WGET_1_6
cvs server: User 'cvs' cannot access
cvs server: User 'cvs' cannot access ChangeLog-branches
cvs server: User 'cvs' cannot access doc
cvs server: User 'cvs' cannot access po
cvs server: User 'cvs' cannot access src
cvs server: User 'cvs' cannot access util
cvs server: User 'cvs' cannot access windows
cvs [server aborted]: no such tag WGET_1_6

aichnerad@ZJ75T //d/tmp/wget/1.6/wget
$

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]