Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>>> That is the only system we are currently talking about.
>>
>> I find it hard to believe that Tru64 lacks both of those functions;
>> for example, see
>> http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/V51_HTML/MAN/MAN3/0707____.HTM
>>
>> It is quite possible that the Autoconf test for sigsetjmp yields a
>> false negative.
>
> I very much doubt it does, since we check for it in the curl configure
> script, and I can see the output from it running on Tru64 clearly state:
>
> checking for sigsetjmp... yes

Thanks, Daniel.

Looking at my own config.h (on GNU/Linux), I see:

/* Define to 1 if you have the `sigsetjmp' function. */
/* #undef HAVE_SIGSETJMP */

In utils.c, I see this workaround:

#ifndef HAVE_SIGSETJMP
/* If sigsetjmp is a macro, configure won't pick it up. */
# ifdef sigsetjmp
#  define HAVE_SIGSETJMP
# endif
#endif

(on my system, this results in HAVE_SIGSETJMP being set.)

I'm not sure how Steven's environment managed not to get HAVE_SIGSETJMP
set, then. Steven?

Note that curl provides the additional check for a macro version in the
configure script, rather than in the source; we should probably do it
that way as well. I'm not sure how that helps for this, though: if the
above test is failing, then either it's a function (no macro) and
configure isn't picking it up; or else it's not defined in <setjmp.h>.