Just read some of the features he proposes on his blog. He seems to
make a big deal on getting the DI right with @InjectService. Maybe
someone should tell him about @SpringBean? ;) I'm sure he does fancier
things, though I doubt it's something you really need for the user
interface. Furthermore: 'This is the theme for all of Tapestry 5:
Simpler, easier, faster, more understandable, more powerful. Avoid
XML. Improve productivity. Make the framework adapt to your classes
and your methods, rather than the other way around.' ... So what's
new/ different? :)

If someone can point out some really drastic improvements I'd
certainly be interested to learn... And before this is getting to be a
flamewar. No-one of the team has a big problem with Tapestry, though
some are ex-Tapestry users. I still hope component oriented frameworks
like Wicket, Echo, GWT, and Tapestry will eat up the model 2/ web mvc
frameworks, cause imo that's where the real evil is. >8-|