Hey Igor,

Although I disagree about the 'real life' (that's what you have the
design for: to avoid the constant architecture change), you are right
that in a book it is a valid approach.
However, I very much dislike it unless you clearly state in the
beginning that you are gonna do it in a messy way just to show
something. Otherwise people (me) spend time reading, understanding and
learning what was said just to learn that 'Actually, there is a much
better way of doing this.'. And that is what it comes down to in the
book sometimes: not 'different' ways but actually 'better' ways!
If you want to show a certain feature of the API, show it in an example
that is an actual case where you would use it. Don't just write code to
show the feature and then re-do it. I will never learn when to actually
use the feature in real life then!

But hey - apparently that's just me... :)

// Che