On 14 June 2012 12:33, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Finally, when Wikidata provides data and info boxes, it does not mean that
> any project is compelled to use it. As Wikidata matures, it will become
> increasingly clear that it is not the best practice.

that may be, but Wikidata needs a path to get there. I think the
ability to integrate wikidata into existing the infobox consensus of a
Wikipedia community is essential for adoption. Over time, centrally
provided infoboxes with ever increasing customization functionality
(order, selection, arrangement, linking properties to Wikipedia pages
explaining them, etc.) are desirable and at some point the evolution
of wiki data may conclude that this become the preferred method.

Gregor