On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 10:30 PM, rupert THURNER
<rupert.thur...@gmail.com>wrote:

> pheobe, concerning your motion to vote saying:
>    "wikimedia foundation grows, the affiliated organisations do not grow"
>    "the affiliated organisations are recommended to seek other funding
> (which the foundation did try and did not succeed very well)"
> i am disappointed personally by you. you as a person, you as an american,
> and you as a board member of the foundation. especially about your
> inability to grasp international cultural differences in terms of funding,
> fundraising.

I'm sorry you're disappointed in me.

> because "trust" is mentioned: the FAQ and the minutes are written by a
> lawyer now, who has maximum 300 wikipedia edits as his lifetime
> achievement. <https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l>

Just so it's clear -- Stephen *posted* the FAQ and minutes for us -- he
helps out the board by posting documents and taking minutes during the
meeting -- but the decisions, and the FAQ, were written by members of the
board in what I can promise was a highly collaborative process :)

That said, I find it strange that you would accuse him of anything. Not
that it matters, but in his free time he's been volunteering with Wikipedia
events, coding and editing for years. Regardless, though, he was just doing
his job here -- as requested *by the board*, and specifically by me  -- so
please lay off the criticism of him. I have nothing but respect for our
ultra-hard-working LCA team.

-- phoebe

-- phoebe