On 06/09/14 07:41, Erik Moeller wrote:
On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 12:23 AM, Isarra Yos <zhoris...@gmail.com> wrote:

Why in the world would posts not be editable? I've never used a platform
where discussion was important in which users couldn't at least edit their
own posts (along with mods) where the lack of such wasn't often complained
about (for instance bugzilla and gerrit don't allow it; moodle and tumblr
do).
Sorry, I should have been clearer. By default, Flow lets you edit your
own comments, and lets admins edit all comments, just like typical
forum conventions. It just doesn't let everyone edit everything.

But that's not how wikis work. On other platforms that do support such editing at all, users edit their own articles, and their own comments, with only moderators trusted to change them. But on wikis, the users are also the moderators. This applies to content and comments, and admins are only required where things can become sensitive (where concerns of privacy, site stability, or simply dangerous tools in terms of vandalism come into play). Why the sudden divergence that only admins can be mods here? Discussions aren't sensitive.

This sort of thing is a large part of why some of us are so skeptical of Flow currently - if the designers do not even understand the basic principles behind a wiki, how can what is developed possibly suit our needs? The thing is, they - you - need to start really listening, and not just arguing (or not responding at all), because otherwise things are just going to get messier and messier.

-I