Marc,

Wanting to "keep the newbies away" is hardly a common reason for people's
opposition to Flow. Someone might've said such a thing, but to paint that
as the reason for opposition for even a significant minority is totally
inaccurate.

You can, of course, say that all the other reasons given are irrational,
though I wouldn't agree. But dismissing them by setting up a (rather
ridiculous) straw man is not helpful.