It is perfectly defined, it only matters which point of view you take.

The Wikimedia movement consists out of people, projects and content. There
is less content about so-called female topics. There seem to be less
projects that specifically cover those so-called female topics. And there
are less female contributors. All three of these views are related with
each other.

And as I sometimes write about those so-called female topics, I notice it
is more difficult to write neutral about those topics and therefore harder
to write about.

Further, I must say that I personally do not feel any need to disclose my
gender, even while a lot of you have met me. Maybe it is different on some
wikis, but generally I have the impression that many users do not want to
disclose it either. So the percentage is less well defined, but I do think
the m/f spread is far from balanced.
But something what seems not to be defined is what those so-called female
topics exactly are. And second, how large these subjects combined are in
the outside world, because wanting them to be 50-50 is not fair if the
subjects are 20-80 spread. Or maybe there are gender neutral topics also.

So yes, there are certainly things that are not defined, but what the
gendergap is, seems to be defined.

Romaine