Le 03/01/2015 14:58, Jane Darnell a écrit :
As a member of the IEG committee I am happy to say that there is no need to
panic. WLM is highly successful project and no one is talking about
shutting it down, or any other project for that matter. The current
campaign is scheduled to be one of hopefully many, targeted at the
community in order to generate themed proposals. The current growth of
highly diverse and inspirational proposals takes increasingly more energy
to manage, judge, and maintain. By introducing a three-month long theme, it
is hoped that the following will occur:
1) Grant committee members in their voluntary role as proposal reviewers
and community sponsors will experience less burn-out in managing proposals
as their will be more cross pollination per cohort of proposers and their
proposals.
2) A targeted campaign to attract proposals will enable easier translation
across projects if the target audience can be identified in advance
3) A targeted campaign will attract more volunteer committee members to
manage proposals, hopefully attracting local experts in various Wikimedia
projects.

The Gendergap will be the first theme. I think it's a great idea! How can
WLM attract more female participation? Any ideas?

No, I have ideas for other good projects, not this one.

I think that the capacity by the WMF - and actual action - to switch on and off the grants without debate and even notice depending on such thought and so-called campaign is prejudicial, like the capacity to switch on and off the donations from one country like - say Russia - is prejudicial too.