Ilario,

My point is rather that while WLM has a clear-cut dynamic, "put in resources->get photos in Commons", I believe that in the area of gender-gap the dynamic could be more complex (as in my example).

And if WMF only want to see a direct link between effort and impact, they could miss out other dynamics. And in my example I think the funding body never even asked it the number of female editors in Wikipedia increased, for them the media coverage was a more concrete and satisfying result (I wonder if this would be true for WMF grantmaking?)

Anders