I have used screen readers myself, and often sit on public transport
listening to reports and articles I never otherwise find the time to
read through. Audio screen reader apps are increasingly useful for
mobile and tablet access, it being hard work for someone who has
difficulty reading the equivalent of 'license plates for bumble bees'
that the small screen offers, especially to someone who is too vain to
use their reading glasses on the bus.

Properly up to date "how to" guides for the better screen readers
currently available, along with projects to improve how our articles
and image pages should be tagged in ways that improve screen reader
navigation, would probably be more practical to benefit a wide
community of readers rather than having a standard button.

Fae