On 24 January 2015 at 22:21, James Heilman <jmh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why don't we have a "Listen" button beside our read button that when
> clicked will read the article for the person in question?

Such functionality belongs in the browser, not the web page. So long
as we use valid and accessible markup, the user can use a tool of
their preference to have the page read to them, in a voice that suits
them.

> There are 37 open source text-to-speech listed here
> http://www.findbestopensource.com/tagged/text-to-speech

Having in the past examined several such tools in my capacity as a
professional web manager, I found none which was more suited to the
purpose then the scenario I describe above. Indeed, several seems to
be money-making scams.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing