My two cents: no, no, no, absolutely not, by all means no, never.

I am strongly, strongly, strongly opposed to such a move. The chapters
already elect two members of the Board, and that's quite enough. When it
comes to matters concerning strategic direction chapters are the movement
equivalent of a political interest group. The Board is the entity
ultimately responsible for the funding reigns, and I strongly suspect that
such a move, *especially given the weakness of community response in
elections*, would immediately result in an influx of "chapter junkies" who
will vote as a nearly-united political bloc for whatever candidate promises
a freer flow of money.

The ramifications would be immediate. This is absolutely the wrongest
possible direction to go in.