Hoi,
Magnus pointed the way forward when he started MediaWiki. When you look
into the whole stack of his data related tools, you will find how they make
aggregating data a whole lot easier and worthwhile. He demonstrated how
people on a mobile can be asked to help with "simple" tasks it works well
and it continues to work in production (labs willing).

When you are talking micro contributions, every statement in Wikidata is
one. It can easily be done from a mobile when the UI is given attention. It
is known how to create articles from data. The Swedes, Dutch etc have done
it often enough and it brought them more readers and more editors...

Study what we already know. There is nothing new here and the solutions are
there to be had. We only have to accept them. I do agree that  the old old
way of Wikipedia is ultimately a dead end.
Thanks,
     GerardM