Carlos,

Is there a reason why the list is private? The topics you mentioned—general
affiliate discussion, regional conferences, blog post announcements, and so
on—don't seem particularly sensitive. (I'm just curious. My WMF role has
nothing to do with affiliates and I wouldn't subscribe to the list even if
it were public.)

Thanks!

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 2:19 PM, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Carlos,
>
> Can you clarify how this list relates to the existing chapters mailing
> list? (Also, please see the discussion at
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Affiliates_Network#Mailing_list_request_for_comment
> ).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pine
>
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 2:04 PM, Carlos M. Colina <ma...@wikimedia.org.ve>
> wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > On behalf of the Affiliations Committe, I am pleased to introduce the
> > launch of the Wikimedia Affiliates mailing list, which is basically a
> place
> > for all the affiliates (chapters, thematic organizations, user groups) to
> > discuss issues related to affiliates, make announcements to other
> > affiliates, and collaborate on activities and community-wide events. The
> > idea is to help facilitate the dialogue affiliates across our movement,
> > plus collaborative discussions like community-wide activities, joint
> > edit-a-thons, regional conferences, blog/report posts, or other
> > communications from affiliates.
> >
> > Each Wikimedia movement affiliate is allocated three spots on the mailing
> > list. All affiliates may contact the Affiliations Committee to request
> > additional spots if needed.
> >
> > Please find a bit more information on Meta:
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_movement_affiliates/Affiliates_mailing_list
> > and do not hesitate contacting us if you have further questions.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Carlos
> > --
> > "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> > junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> > Carlos M. Colina
> > Socio, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> www.wikimedia.org.ve
> > <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> > Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> > Phone: +972-52-4869915
> > Twitter: @maor_x

Neil P. Quinn <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Neil_P._Quinn-WMF>,
product analyst