From: Wikimedia-l [mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
Jérémie Roquet
Sent: Friday, 16 October 2015 12:23 PM
To: Wikimedia Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Q1 Fundraising Update

Dear everyone,

The ad industry took ages to reckon they were messing things up¹, looking only
at how much money they were earning. I sincerely hope WMF's fundraising is not
following the same path. I wouldn't be honest if I didn't write that year after
year, I find the fundraising banners more intrusive and less respectful of
readers and that I observe much more angry readers around me. No offense to
whoever works on
fundraising: the issue is in the objectives the fundraising team has to meet.

Best regards,

¹ http://www.iab.com/news/lean/

--
Jérémie