It's nice to see the recent momentum in the formation of user groups. Can
Affcom shed some light on what may be causing the burst of announced
formations?

Relatedly, I'm wondering if the number of UGs is now so high that the
budget and/or programmatic capacity of WMCON will be a bit stretched to
accomodate all of the UGs in addition to the larger affiliates. I was
thinking that it would be good to have a track at WMCON devoted to small
affiliates, but now I'm starting to wonder if there are so many of us, with
interests and concerns hopefully now more visible on WMF's radar due to our
increased numbers, that it would make sense to have separate conferences
for the large and small affiliates so that undivided attention from WMF can
be given more evenly to both size classes of affiliates for the duration of
a conference. Any thoughts about those options, from Affcom, WMF, WMDE, or
others?

Pine