Ok, maybe more attention to user groups and small affiliates at WMCON is
the way to go.

I heard at WMCON 2015 that WMF was considering assigning more resources to
supporting user groups, in addition to the community capacity development
research. I would still like to see that happen, such as with proactive
outreach and mentorship for user groups. The organizations in the FDC
process collectively have thousands of WMF staff hours focused on them each
year, when they are generally the most mature groups. I think that WMF
might get better total ROI by increasing the proportion of time and
resources that are devoted to supporting and developing small affiliates.
The community capacity development framework is a step in that direction,
and I hope that we'll see a ramp up in WMF investment in small affiliates
starting this quarter.

Pine