I do question why some members from the community should be involved in
chapter/affiliates issues.
If affiliates want to communicate with each other, without interference
from individual users, they had no way to do such until this list was
created.

And there is no transparency reduction. The suggestion that with creating
this list the transparency is reduced is an illusion. If affiliates want to
communicate with only affiliates, they will found another way to do that
without doing that publicly, and that is much less transparent.

Earlier on the chapters mailing list it appeared there is a enough support
for a closed list.

Wikimedia is a large movement. In that movement a lot of things are done
and a various set of tasks are performed. Each of those people doing the
same tasks like to be able to communicate with other people doing the same
task(s). To communicate effectively e-mail lists are created. For example,
also Wikipedia admins have multiple private mailing lists, arbcom, OTRS,
Stewards, etc. They all have sensitive data, but they also just like to be
able to share experiences, ask questions with people who do the same tasks,
and have some basic level of communication. This communication is essential
for doing a task and improving the quality in how this task is executed.
This communication will happen anyway. But they are two ways to organise
that: organised in a closed mailing list or not organised with people
communicate only directly with excluding many relevant people.

No, there is not a new another walled garden, it is just a better organised
walled garden that exists already for a long time in other forms.

Romaine